BOROUGH- NYC STYLE COMFORT FOOD opens 24/7 in MANDALUYONG
Have you ever been depressed or stressed out and craving for a bit of comfort and the first thing that pops into your head is comfort food? Well, I have encountered such scenarios and it led me to discover this place I described as “HOMEY” and what cool about this place? It is open for 24/7! yeah
Let me astonish you with this profound or cliché Euphemism: “HOMEY” to let you understand why I chose this word. I can say this word is a bit of catch call for comfort food but it is commonly used for the cheap eats. You know, when you or anybody in your house can make that themselves. Easy huh?
So this homey vibe recipes of this restaurant is what I like the most aside from the chill hippy atmosphere inside and the really friendly-good-looking Chef Cuit Kaufman in-house!
Let me give you some reviews of the menu they have served to us for the QUIZ night event for bloggers happened last Jul 25, 2016 in BOROUGH, Known for A chill and laid-back spot that is open 24/7 to serve good comfort food.
Note that Recipes are NYC inspired.
- chocolate chicken wings 280.00
- For the adventurous. Baked wings coated in Cocoa and Cinnamon. Served with Cilantro Sour Cream.
I guess this what made me smile! Simply because I love chocolate and cinnamon in the first place. It tasted far from what you are expecting of overload sweet-cinnamonish texture. I did taste the cinnamon flavor more than the cocoa but later on, it would tastes as if it got over toasted. 3/5
- buffalo chicken wings 360.00
- Classic Hot and spicy wings originally from Buffalo, New York, Served with real blue cheese dip.
The spiciness is tolerable but it is not something I would crave long after my visit but it is definitely worth a try! 4/5
- Fries in a basket 150.00
- A whole basket of fries. Served with Borough’s ‘Odessa sauce’
Quite normal fries for me but the Odessa sauce got me munching for more! 3/5
- Haystack onion rings 180.00
- Piled high, served with BBQ sauce and Sour Cream Dip. 2/5
I think this is a bit tiny strips of onion rings and I didn’t really enjoy it much.
- Popcorn calamari 290.00
- Popcorn-crusted Fried squid tossed with extra popcorn for good measure. Served with Clarified cheese butter. 3/5
I love the buttered sauce paired with this popcorn and it surprised me that the bite-sized calamari they have included tasted great however, it is a bit small size for me and quite a bit expensive for a popcorn.
- Hummus 130.00
- Blended chickpeas mixed with extra virgin olive oil and garnished with paprika. Served with homemade Pita bread. with veggie sticks
this is worth a try if you are a fan of Hummus and good for sharing for 5-8 people. 4/5
I also had the chance to taste one their bestsellers:
Mom’s Milk and Cookies 220.00
- Chewy fresh-baked cookies in assorted flavors. Served with a pitcher of cold milk (The Chef’s special blend).
I love the chewy texture of the cookie tasted like fresh from the oven! And the milk is good too! 5/5
check them in：