Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Travelling to this special Island requires a lot of patience and research.
This is a step by step guide for my Palawan getaway I planned for me and my boyfriend.
Hope you find this helpful!
How to get there:
Book your flight ahead of time (check promo flights in Cebu Pacific on Monday and Thursday as they put promos during these days.)
- I got mine for 6k ( roundtrip for 2)
- However, if something occurs and will make you need to change your flight then please instead of rebooking it just ignore your booked flight and book another one coz sometimes it’s way cheaper! ( always compare first before purchasing your ticket)
Find a good place to check-in ( book your place in booking.com coz it’s easy and hassle free)
I suggest not blowing your money to a fancy hotel as you will go to tours the whole day and will just stay in your hotel at night when it is time to go to bed.
We stayed in Sei Nazioni Cottages and it’s only 1200k per night (with breakfast for two) It is a cottage but the bed is really comfortable and the bathroom is nice! If you want to save money, experience local living and stay into a cozy place then book your place in Sei Nazioni J
(Just don’t make loud noises as it is not soundproof…oops )
Check this link for more info:
Book a tour ( if you want a hassle and worry free vacation this is a must)
- Okay, this itinerary is not ideally for backpacker. In my case, I want to avoid any hassles as much as possible and just enjoy making a lot of memories with my significant other.
- I personally like Northern Hope Tours ( I don’t know about the other tours but I have researched and experienced their service and it’s good)
- I emailed them what kind of tours I prefer like for example me and my boyfriend will be celebrating our 11th months in one of the days we will be in Palawan and after one day they emailed me back with complete itinerary plus the quotation like this:
1,200 Pesos – Van Transfer from PPS to El Nido [Sharing] (2 persons * 600 Pesos/person)
400 Pesos – EcoTourism Development Fee [ETDF] (2 persons * 200 Pesos/person)
2,800 Pesos – El Nido Island Hopping Tour C (2 persons * 1,400 Pesos/person)
1,500 Pesos – Tricycle Rental to Nacpan & Maremegmeg Beach (1 tricycle * 1,500 Pesos/tricycle)
2,400 Pesos – El Nido Island Hopping Tour A (2 persons * 1,200 Pesos/person)
1,200 Pesos – Van Transfer from El Nido to PPS [Sharing] (2 persons * 600 Pesos/person)
–1,200 Pesos – Discount
8,300 Pesos – TOTAL
They offer waterproof camera and water shoes rentals there so yeah just prepare some cash with you.
Leave early to avoid missing your flight schedule.
Good tip: If you are planning to go back to PP port you need to talk with some tricycle drivers already in the morning because during midnight it’s so hard to find drivers that will take you to bus/ van terminal. I didn’t see this coming so I’ve decided to just get any drivers at 4am but no one is awake! Good thing our cottage caretaker has a motorcycle and so he initiated to just take both of me and my boyfriend to the terminal. Thank God!
Have some snacks on your way back to Puerto Princesa terminal
The journey is really tiring as it would take you 5 hrs so it is smart to bring some snacks with you as there’s not so many food stopovers you can find along the way.
Hope you find this 5 tips helpful in planning your trip.
I’ll be continuing with more detailed trip on my next post so
Don’t forget to subscribe.
Feel free to comment for your questions and don’t forget to follow me in IG: jennydiscovers